Cute Cushions - piping, trims, tassels & ties
Learn how to make perfect cushions - choose from piped edges, tie sides, or trims such as bobbles or fringing
Learn how to make perfect cushions - choose from piped edges, tie sides, or trims such as bobbles or fringing - maybe you'll have time to try two types, or will want to make a matching set of two the same? Also choose to do a zip back or overlap back cushion opening.
Leave with a finished cushion or two and the confidence to sew professional looking cushions for your home and for gifts
Wednesday 24th May 11am-5pm - book here
Teacher: Kat Neeser or Laura Cole
Experience: Improver and above (you've made at least one item with a sewing machine e.g. cushion or bag). Age 16+
If you would like a zip opening on your cushion instead of an easy overlap-back style opening: bring a closed end ordinary zip that is 4 inches shorter than your cushion size ie for 16" cushion bring a 12" zip, for 18" cushion bring a 14" zip etc
To pipe or fringe/bobble trim your cushions: bring 3, 4 or 5mm diameter piping cord or a bobble or fringed trim (easily available online or in fabric shops) in these lengths per cushion:
For tassels at the corners: bring 4 tassels per cushion
For tie sided cushions: bring an extra 30cm of a contrast fabric to make the inside edge and ties for your cushions
For all cushion types please also bring:
Where to buy fabric & trims: Ditto and C& H Fabrics have bobble trims for £1.50-£1.80 a metre. C&H have tassels. Fabric Land and C& H have piping cord ready made and the plain cord insert for making your own piping on the course. Suggestions of where to buy your fabric locally will be given on your booking confirmation, or to see our list of local fabric shops with links now click here
Important - please read before booking:
- Each person attending needs an individual log in/password/own contact details to book - you cannot book 2 people on at once through one profile/payment as they will not appear on the system.
- Your payment and booking confirmations will be sent to you immediately in 2 separate emails - please check they are correct. If you don't receive them, please contact us here.
- If the Book Now button does not show next to a class or course it is full.
- If you wish to use a Gift Card, Account Credit or Loyalty Points when booking please follow THIS LINK to book directly via our booking system.
- Questions or problems? Email us here.