Be our Sewing Star and win a £15 voucher!
Contact us for a chat about sewing or pattern cutting!
Thinking of buying a sewing machine?
Where to buy fabric, patterns and notions/trims
WHERE TO BUY FABRIC, PATTERNS and NOTIONS in Brighton and Hove
- Fabric Land on Western Rd (next to Robert Dyas) is cheapest for EVERYTHING and has a large range of commercial garment patterns. www.fabricland.co.uk/brighton.htm
- Ditto on Kensington Gardens has lovely end of line designer fabrics at affordable prices and trimmings: ribbons, feathers, and buttons. http://www.dittofabrics.co.uk/
- You can buy great fabrics, eg Clarke and Clarke printed curtain weight fabric, Kath Kidston style prints and more for £4ish a metre in Brighton North Laine at Leigh Tooze’s new fabric shop at the top of Church St (just off Queens Road, near the Earth and Stars pub).
- New Fabric Fair - 51 Gardner Street (near Komedia), North Laine is bursting with all sorts of fabric and trimmings, worth a look
- C& H Fabrics, Western Rd, Brighton BN1 2BA. Has some lovely fabrics, lots of sewing accessories and a range of sewing patterns. It's more expensive than Fabric Land and has some top quality printed fabrics.
- Remnants Plus on Blatchington Road in Hove is a treasure trove stuffed with jersey, satin, Lycra, print cottons etc plus needles, decorations etc.
WHERE TO BUY FABRIC and NOTIONS Online - these are links to buy the various items we use in our classes
- Spot and cross pattern paper 50p per metre from Fabric Land. Can also be bought online in 150 metre rolls from William Gee if you are super keen!
- Grader Ruler - £7.95 plus postage http://www.morplan.com/Product_10053_10001_15046_-1_10765
- Tracing wheel – BUY from Morplan too or Amazon: £6.99 - free postage: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Precise-Pointed-Needle-Pointed-Tracing-Pattern/dp/B006YZRC56/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1340882113&sr=8-2
To be continued as we think of things you might need..!
WHERE TO BUY FABRIC and NOTIONS in Horsham
- The Cloth Store, 24b Carfax, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 1EE With fabric and haberdashery shops in Horsham town center, offers everything from fabrics for dressmaking and quilting to sewing machines, dress forms, threads and cottons for needlework, tools for beading and hobbycraft and ribbons, fabrics and trimmings for curtain making and home furnishing. http://www.theclothstore.co.uk/ 01403 211786
The Fabric Shop Ltd Unit 62, Swan Walk, Horsham, West Sussex RH12 1PT
C& H Fabrics. 7 West St Horsham, West Sussex RH12 1NP
More will be added shortly. Please let us know if you have a fabulous fabric shop in your area you think we should add!