Sewing workshops for Hen Parties & Birthday Parties
You and your friends can come along for a lovely creative sewing session with tea and cake supplied! We run custom workshops for hen parties and birthday parties for adults and children* - learn to sew and make bunting or cushions, or hand customise your knickers, make fascinators, felt monster toys or beautiful hair/brooch corsages...
The bride or birthday girl goes free! The workshops are costed differently depending on materials and tutor cost. See below for example hen party costing or click here
What do you and your group of friends fancy creating at your party workshop?
Read on for 2 party examples to give you an idea of pricing and what you'll do
Or please contact us for details of any of the other workshops or to book a party
Example 1: Customised knicker making workshop
- A 2 hour workshop for up to 18 people in which you will all transform a brought pair of plain knickers into sexy sparkly ribbon-tie side knickers with ruffle rosettes and/or heart with sequins. See pics below of converted knicker pics for an example of what can be done with a pair of plain M&S pants!
- If time there is the option to sew on more lace edging or different applique shapes - we'll have loads of bits and pieces so you can get creative! If you have any special requests for techniques or styles you are keen on, let me know and we will see if it can be done for beginners and if so get the bits and pieces in for it!
- We will have sewing machines and hand sewing equipment available, so everyone can have a go at both! If there are twelve then some can be sewing the ties on a sewing machine while others do their handsewing/sequinnning, then swap over....
- You just need to bring a plain pair of knickers each to customise, we will provide everything else.
Example 2: Vintage style fabric flower corsages workshop
- A 2 hour workshop for up to 18 people in which you will all make yourselves an original fabric flower corsage from recycled or new materials that can be worn as a brooch or hair adornment
- This is a hand-sewing workshop we'll have loads of bits and pieces so you can get creative! For machine sewing do bunting or cushions.
- You don't need to bring anything, unless you would like to bring an old garment to recycle into a corsage? We will provide everything.
The cost for either workshop will be £19 per person - and the bride goes FREE!! - plus 1 room charge for the group (£40). Minimum of 6 people plus bride. Tea and cakes included.
CUSTOMISED KNICKERS or FABRIC CORSAGES
If you are 6 or less plus bride it will be £154
If you are 9 plus bride it will be £211
If you are 12 plus bride it will be £268
If you are 18 plus bride it will be £382
We have a variety of free dates at weekends all year round, so let us know when you'd like to come.
Please contact us here to book or to ask for details of other workshop costs - let us know the expected number of people, date ideas and which workshop(s) you are interested in, also whether you can already all use a sewing machine or not
* for childrens workshops all teachers are CRB checked
A non refundable deposit of £40 plus one persons party payment will be required to reserve your workshop date, tutor and materials. The minimum cost of a workshop will be the 6+bride cost, even if less than that come along. The balance for the rest of the payment will be due one month in advance of your workshop date (can be negotiable if you are booking last minute)
Please do not drink alcohol before your workshop, we don't want needles in fingers! You can hit the local bars straight afterwards!