| To Buy a GIFT VOUCHER for his or any other course, class or workshop please CLICK HERE for details
Make whatever you want in our popular 'Stitch' classes!
Come along on Saturday or Sunday afternoon with your own sewing project, and get expert support to make something amazing! (see below...). If weekends are a bit busy for you we also run these 'Stitch Classes' on Tues/Thurs mornings - click here and Thurs evenings - click here
These sessions are for both Beginner and Improvers. You can make anything clothes or furnishing-wise or practise techniques or do alterations in these classes, or learn to sew from scratch then start to make simple items like a cushion or bag.
Previously in our Stitch classes people have made or altered: knickers, a halterneck top and a yoked A-line skirt from commercial patterns, a quilt, a pregnancy top, converted pair of normal jeans to skinny jeans, relined a vintage coat.... and even an entire Freddie Mercury outfit!
CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR CLASSES
What will you make..? Bring your own project or we have some vintage patterns, knicker patterns, cushion, purse & bag patterns plus some fabrics for sale if you just want to turn up and sew!
Choose the classes you want, on any combination of these dates. All have spaces at present:
Saturday 25th May 2.30 - 5.30pm
Sunday 2nd June 2.30 - 5.30pm
Saturday 8th June 2.30 - 5.30pm
Sunday 16th June 2.30 - 5.30pm
Sunday 23rd June 2.30 - 5.30pm
Sunday 7th July 2.30 - 5.30pm
Sunday 14th July 2.30 - 5.30pm
Sunday 21st July 2.30 - 5.30pm
Sunday 28th July 2.30 - 5.30pm
and then every Sunday 2.30-5.30pm all year round
..and we will add next dates soon. If you want to do a few classes but can't make enough of the above dates just book the number of classes you want and put the dates you can do on your form (that you go to after you've paid) - we'll email you further date options to choose from to complete your booking.
PRICE per 3 hour class session:
£18 each for 3 or more classes
£21 each for 2 classes
£25 for 1 class
- Check you are happy with the booking terms here
- CLICK THE 'BUY NOW' BUTTON TO PAY via card or paypal
- Enter the dates you want to attend & your details on the booking form you will automatically go to after paying
- Please note that once booked, classes, courses and workshops are non-refundable and there are no transfers or reschedules. Check your diary before you book and check you're happy with our full booking terms before you pay - also look at the bottom of the page to see what you need to bring with you
- If you any questions or are having trouble paying via the button, please email us here or call 07958964810 (leaving a contact name, number and reason for call if you get voicemail) and we will contact you back as soon as possible.
Back to payment box
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bring your glasses if you need them for close-up work
- As a Beginner you'll need to bring 1m of non stretch fabric and matching thread and a 6" zip to make a cushion cover & zip purse (2 -3 classes) or bag & zip purse (2-3 classes). If you are just booking the one class we suggest just bring half a meter of non stretch fabric and matching thread to make a cushion cover.
- If you are making clothes bring your pattern, fabric and notions (zips, buttons etc). For making other items bring whatever you need to complete your project. For help buying these please read the Pre-course pattern and fabric buying trip checklist
- For a list of local fabric shops and sewing machine info click here
- We provide, but bring if you have them: sewing machines, scissors, pins, chalk and tape measures, students also have access to our Overlocker.
- If you’re still not sure what to bring please contact us for advice.
Sewing Machines We can provide sewing machines, which are the same machines they used on the BBC's The Great British Sewing Bee, or you can bring your own.
The Sewing Lounge is situated in Kingsway House, opposite the South end of George St, Hove. It's easy to get to on the bus or on foot from Hove station. You'll be sent full details of getting to us and parking on your booking confirmation.
Venue information for people with limited mobility - click here for information on venue access if you have a disability or injury