Tailored Jacket Course
Make yourself a modern, tailored lined jacket that fits you beautifully and have the pattern to take away to use again and again - as is or tweaked to different shapes and styles and in a variety of fabrics.
Getting a great fit is the focus of this course so you will make a calico toile (mock up) prior to completing a single breasted lined jacket in your choice of fabric and length - with or without pockets and buttons on the cuffs
Length of course: Length of this course is eight 2.5h long evening sessions, plus 1-4 hours homework a week**
Course dates and other options:
Price: £189 or Early Bird price £169 (book a month or more in advance for an Early Bird saving of £20) - Price includes your own jacket pattern for use on the course (and free matching skirt pattern to take away)
** some weeks may need only 1hour or no homework but others could be up to 4h - depending on your sewing proficiency. If you prefer you can book extra Stitch classes to complete the homework (you'll be given a 10% savings code in your booking confirmation)
Experience: For women, aged 16+. To get the most out of this course you should have made at least four garments before (including something with sleeves) using a sewing machine, and be able to use a sewing machine without help.
If you are having difficulty with the Book Now button or wish to use a Gift Card, Account Credit or Loyalty Points when booking please follow THIS LINK to book directly via our booking system.
Teacher: Jo Bunner - spent ten years designing and pattern cutting ladies outerwear in the fashion industry – coats, suits and jackets after studying at The London College of Fashion. She now teaches sewing and pattern cutting and works as a style and image coach.
Wear close but not tight fitting top that you are happy to pin a paper pattern to. Nothing too bulky around the hips - jeans fine but belt will need to come off for fitting. It is also a good idea to wear the sort of clothes and bra you intend to wear under your jacket to every session.
We provide (or bring your own): Scissors, pattern paper, chalk, tape measure etc if you don’t have your own
Where to buy fabric: Suggestions of where to buy your fabric locally will be given on your booking confirmation, or to see our list of local fabric shops now click here
- Each person attending needs an individual log in/password/own contact details to book - you cannot book 2 people on at once through one profile/payment as they will not appear on the system.
- Your payment and booking confirmations will be sent to you immediately in 2 separate emails - please check they are correct. If you don't receive them, please contact us here.
- If the Book Now button does not show next to a class or course it is full
- Booking terms: By making this booking you are agreeing to our booking terms - please read them here before booking (opens in new window)
- If you wish to use a Gift Card, Account Credit or Loyalty Points when booking please follow THIS LINK to book directly via our booking system.
- Questions or problems? Email us here.