Our venues are:
The Sewing Lounge (for most of our classes) - click here to read details
The Cornerstone Community Centre (for Fashion Design course only) - click here to read details
The Brighthelm (for some hen/birthday parties only) - click here to read details
The Brunswick (for some hen/birthday parties only) - click here to read details
Teacher Deborah's house (for 121 classes only) - click here to read details
If you have booked and are not sure which venue you should attend please contact us here.'
The Sewing Lounge, 18 Kingsway House, 134-140 Church Rd, Hove BN3 2DL
The Sewing Lounge is our fully equipped teaching studio in central Hove. We have brand new Janome sewing machines, a cutting table all in an inspiring and creative setting! We've space for up to 9 students (up to 10 for hand craft classes) although we usually have just 6 or 7 in a class.
Most of the courses and workshops are held here, except the Pattern Cutting courses which are held at The Werks - details below. We can hire out The Sewing Lounge space to other craft/sewing teachers or to crafts people needing space to wortk on projects, so if this is you please click here for more details on hiring the space.
The Sewing Lounge is in the building above Moss Bros, opposite the bottom of George St, intercom entrance on Osborne Villas down path behind Moss Bros.
If you can't see the map below, take at look at Google Maps here but please note we are on the corner of OSBORNE VILLAS not Seafield Road:
The Sewing Lounge BUSES & PARKING
- BUSES: Plenty of buses run up and down Church Road from all areas. We are opposite the South end of George St, and near Hove Town Hall – get off at the South end of George St from buses: 1, 1a, 6, 20x, 49, 49a & get off at Hove Town Hall or Tesco and walk for a couple of minutes from the 2, 5, 25, 46, 8, 700. Check times at: http://www.buses.co.uk/travel
- TRAIN: we are about 10 mins walk from Hove Station – walk in a southerly direction down the hill from station, cross over onto George St (pedestrian shopping street), walk down George St and when you reach the end you will see Moss Bros over the other side of the main road (now see the Finding Us instructions above from there)
- PARKING in the road: If you are driving please bring change and allow 15 mins before the class to find a space.
- After 6pm and on Sunday you may be able to park free of charge on George Street (check the signs)
- There are Pay and display spaces until 8pm (free after 8pm) on Osborne Villasand the other roads around Kingsway House (postcode BN3 2DL if you are looking it up on online map). Cost is £1 an hour up to 3 hours then it's £3 for 4 hours or £5 for 11 hours - if you head down towards the seafront you'll find the 11 hour spaces
- Local CAR PARK: there is a multi storey car park on Norton Rd opposite Hove Town Hall, 150 metres away towards Brighton. £4.20 for up to 9 hours, £2.20 up to 4 hours
- TESCO: max 2 hours, monitored with cameras - don't do it unless you are just popping in to see us or having a 121 max 1.5 hours!
Access for people with limited mobility - please click here for details
Fashion Design/Pattern Cutting courses are now held at The Cornerstone Community Centre. It's located at the West end of St John the Baptist Church on Palmeira Square (where the flower stall is) and the entrance is via little gates on Church Rd or First Avenue - see Google Maps
Parking - free parking from 6pm on First Avenue - but if no spaces there's metered parking in the streets around the venue for £1 an hour up to 8pm - please allow 15 mins for parking and bring change (meters take 20p, 50p, £1, £2 coins).
Transport - Cornerstone Community Centre is on a major bus route along Church Road between Hove and Churchill Square, Brighton (buses 1, 2, 5, 6, 25 and 49) and 10 minutes walk from Hove mainline train station. Check out bus routes from your location at http://www.buses.co.uk
Access for people with limited mobility - Cornerstone Community Centre outside ramp and inside liftThe Brighthelm Centre, North Road, Brighton, BN1 1YD (on the corner of North Road and Queens Road)
We hold some hen and birthday party bookings at the Brighthelm Centre, so if you have been told this is your venue please read on:
Parking - There is no free parking at Brighthelm but you can buy a ticket to park in their car park at reception. The cost is £10 a day or £5 for half a day. Otherwise, there is an NCP car park is next door. Please contact the Reception for a permit on your arrival. There is an entry ‘phone for you to do this. Contact details for the Brighthelm are: Telephone: 01273 821 512 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transport - The Brighthelm Centre is a few minutes walk down Queens Road from Brighton Station (head towards the sea!). Map here but note the marker is in the wrong place - The Brighthelm is on the corner of Queens Road and North Road. The No. 7 Bus stops on the corner with Queen’s Rd. Check out bus routes from your location at http://www.buses.co.uk
Access for people with limited mobility - There is full access for wheelchair users via a ramp on the entrance at North Road
From Western road, turn down Holland Road past the Wick Inn towards the seafront. Alternatively, turn down Lansdowne Place, and right into Alice Street.
Please contact us for directions or refer to email correspondence if you have been told this is the venue your class, party or lesson.