Our teaching venues
Each of our teaching venues has info listed below:
- The Sewing Lounge (for most of our classes) - click here
- The Cornerstone Community Centre (for Fashion Design course only) - click here
- The Brighthelm (for some hen/birthday parties only) - click here
- The Latest Music Bar (for some hen/birthday parties only) - click here
- Teacher Deborah's house (for some 121 overlocking classes only) - click here
If you have booked and are not sure which venue you should attend please see your email booking confirmation/reminders or contact us here.
The Sewing Lounge
The Sewing Lounge is our teaching studio in central Hove - brand new Janome 525S sewing machines, Janome overlockers, a cutting table and plenty of sewing equipment, all in an inspiring and creative setting! Classes hold 6-9 students, and most of the courses and workshops are held here, except the Pattern Cutting courses which are held at the Cornerstone.
The Sewing Lounge is at 18 Kingsway House, 134-140 Church Rd, Hove, East Sussex. BN3 2DL
It's above Moss Bros, which is opposite the bottom of George St, opposite Barclays Bank.
The intercom entrance to the building is on Osborne Villas down a little path behind Moss Bros.
If you can't see the map below, take at look at Google Maps here but please note we are on the corner of OSBORNE VILLAS not Seafield Road:
The Sewing Lounge Buses and Parking info
- Buses: Plenty of buses run up and down Church Road from all areas. We are opposite the South end of George St, and near Hove Town Hall – get off at the South end of George St from buses: 1, 1a, 6, 20x, 49, 49a & get off at Hove Town Hall or Tesco and walk for a couple of minutes from the 2, 5, 25, 46, 8, 700. Check times at: http://www.buses.co.uk/travel
- Train: we are about 10 mins walk from Hove Station – walk in a southerly direction down the hill from station, cross over onto George St (pedestrian shopping street), walk down George St and when you reach the end you will see Moss Bros over the other side of the main road (now see the Finding Us instructions above from there)
- Free Parking: After 6pm every day it's free of charge to park in the bays on George Street (also free on Sundays), and also in the disabled bays outside Modelo Lounge on Church Rd opposite us, plus in a few bays outside us on Osborne Villas, and along Church Road. Please check parking signs carefully as these could change, we cannot take responsibility for any parking tickets! Tesco car park is free for up to 2 hours - it's monitored with cameras - so only park there if you're popping in to see us or having a short 121 lesson.
- Paid parking meters: There are Pay and Display spaces serviced by PayByPhone until 8pm (free after 8pm) on Osborne Villas and the other roads around Kingsway House (postcode BN3 2DL if you are looking it up on online map)
2. Find the Location Number Sign nearest to where you've parked and enter this on the site.
3. Confirm by using the Security Code digits on the back of your bank or credit card.
- Local multi storey car park: there is a good value multi storey car park on Norton Rd opposite Hove Town Hall, 150 metres away towards Brighton. £3 for 4 hours, £4 for 5 hours, £4.50 for 9 hours (prices correct April 2015)
Access for people with limited mobility - please click here for details
Fashion Design/Pattern Cutting courses are now held at The Cornerstone Community Centre. It's located at the West end of St John the Baptist Church on Palmeira Square (where the flower stall is) and the entrance is via little gates on Church Rd or First Avenue - see Google Maps
Parking - free parking from 6pm on First Avenue and Church Road (check signs) - but if no spaces there's metered parking in the streets around the venue for £1 an hour up to 8pm - please allow 15 mins for parking and bring change (meters take 20p, 50p, £1, £2 coins).
Transport - Cornerstone Community Centre is on a major bus route along Church Road between Hove and Churchill Square, Brighton (buses 1, 2, 5, 6, 25 and 49) and 10 minutes walk from Hove mainline train station. Check out bus routes from your location at http://www.buses.co.uk
Access for people with limited mobility - Cornerstone Community Centre outside ramp and inside liftThe Brighthelm Centre
North Road, Brighton, BN1 1YD (on the corner of North Road and Queens Road)
We hold some hen and birthday party bookings at the Brighthelm Centre, so if you have been told this is your venue please read on:
Parking - There is no free parking at Brighthelm but you can buy a ticket to park in their car park at reception. The car parking is £1/ hour up to 5 hours, the price will then be £10 and you can stay the day. Anyone using the car park will have to sign their car in at reception, if there are no staff at reception, please ring bell on wall for assistance. Contact details for the Brighthelm are: Telephone: 01273 821 512 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transport - The Brighthelm Centre is a few minutes walk down Queens Road from Brighton Station (head towards the sea!). Map here but note the marker is in the wrong place - The Brighthelm is on the corner of Queens Road and North Road. The No. 7 Bus stops on the corner with Queen’s Rd. Check out bus routes from your location at http://www.buses.co.uk
Access for people with limited mobility - There is full access for wheelchair users via a ramp on the entrance at North Road
A live music venue with a cabaret stage downstairs and a skylit restaurant/bar upstairs. Just off Marine Parade near the roundabout opposite Brighton pier.
Click here to vew on Google Maps
Please contact us for directions or refer to email correspondence if you have been told this is the venue for your 121 overlocking lesson.