Sewing for Children
Have some time out while your children get creative and learn handy new skills!
For children we currently offer three options for learning to sew and improving sewing skills
- Private lessons and birthday parties for 1 to 20 children for ages 5-12. Booking, content and pricing info below
- Weekly Stitch classes - those aged 7-12 may attend this adult class if accompanied by an adult (non paying) as their dedicated helper. Simply book the class under either the adult or the child's name and you both turn up. The evening classes are not for beginners, but beginners are welcome in the other Stitch Classes. Click here for Stitch Classes details & booking
- Those aged 13 or over may join any our adult classes, courses or workshops independently or arrange private sessions
More info on private lessons and birthday parties
These class subjects can be for one or more children. See prices below. Everything is provided including materials, use of sewing machine and a drink, so you can just drop them off and go chill for a couple of hours..or stay and watch and have a cup of tea (dependant on class size and therefore space!)
Choose from these classes:
Hand-sewing a monster toy or felt bag - 1.5 hour class
Learn to sew safely with a hand sewing needle, how to cut out shapes, use felt and glue and do simple embroidery to decorate and give your monster it's own individual personality or your bag a personal touch! All materials provided. There must be at least 1 adult/parent helper present for ages 10 and under if there are more than 4 children.
Felt hand-sewn bunting - 2 hour class
Learn to sew safely with a hand sewing needle, how to cut out shapes, use felt and glue and to decorate your bunting flags! All materials provided. There must be at least 1 adult/parent helper present for ages 10 and under if there are more than 4 children.
Cute hand and machine sewn heart cushion - 2.5 hour class in groups of 1-8
Learn to sew with a sewing machine, then make a heart cushion, stuff it and hand sew it closed then embroider the heart edges by hand. There must be at least 1 adult/parent helper present for ages 10 and under - 2 adult helpers for groups of 8 or more.
Custom 1 or 1.5 hour long classes for your children
Have a chat with us about what they want to achieve. Could be a one off session focussing on learning to use their sewing machine or regular classes working towards making a cushion or simple item of clothing (we can provide patterns or you can purchase at a shop). There must be at least 1 adult/parent helper present for ages 10 and under if there are more than 4 children
"My son absolutely loved the one-to-one sewing session and the instructor and is very proud of the cushion he made. Thank you."
Karen Scanlon, Brighton
PRICES for private lessons and birthday parties
Price includes fabric and other materials, use of sewing machine and a drink
Larger parties price per extra child: £15 for 1hr & 90 minute sessions | £30 for 2h sessions | £37 for 2.5h sessions
Make a booking enquiry/get a quote
To book a private class for one to five children, please contact us here to let us know:
- the number of children
- age of children
- if there is any prior experience of sewing
- which class options above you are interested in
- the times and days you can do - we will get back to you with a selection of dates and times to choose from. We are very flexible on times e.g. after school, weekend or during the day in the school holidays