New! We are now serving complimentary tea, coffees, squash, herb teas and water in classes again : )
Page updated 20th July 2021
Sew In Brighton Covid-19 Classroom Safety Measures in place currently:
- Distancing: We will continue to seat students 2m apart in class OR 1 to 2m distance & facing away from each other. (See image at bottom of this page). Currently we book a max of 6 students per class (occasionally will be an extra person in room if one student is a child and brings an adult helper, or if we are training a new teacher). This will hopefully be adjusted as time goes on and things get safer - we will update this page.
- Face coverings: Face coverings are now optional. If you would prefer a face covering to be worn by your teacher when they are close to you please let them know at the start of the class (teachers will bring one with them)
- Movement: To reduce the amount of movement around the class, students should ask the teacher to bring them items needed where possible
- Sanitising hands: Hand sanitiser will remain available on all tables and at the door on entry - please continue to use it
- Tools: Students are welcome to to bring their own scissors, pins, tape measure, chalk, unpicker, grader ruler etc if they have them and would feel more comfortable using their own equipment. We also have equipment that can be used which will be sanitised after each class.
- Booking form checkboxes: All students booking to attend classes will be asked to confirm the following points during the online booking process:
1. Symptoms: I will not attend class if I have
- had fever, cough, loss of taste/smell or other known covid type symptoms in the past 14 days
- returned from abroad in last 14 days
- been in contact with/live with anyone with Covid-19 or with similar symptoms
- I understand that if I cannot attend for any reason, Covid or otherwise, I can't reschedule/refund unless someone books my space, but I can attend FREE to future similar workshops or Stitch Classes when there's space on day - contact us if you can't attend your booked class
2. I have read & I accept your measures on social distancing, face coverings, bringing my own sewing tools, classroom set up & sanitiser laid out on www.sewinbrighton.co.uk/covidmeasures.html