New! We are now serving complimentary tea, coffees, squash, herb teas and water in classes again : )
Page updated 28th July 2021
Sew In Brighton Covid-19 Classroom Safety Measures in place currently:
- Distancing: We aim to ensure a minimum of 1m social distancing between student workstations. The very nature of sewing means you need space and each person will have their own table (measuring at least 1m by 60cm).
If you would like a greater degree of distancing from other students than the default, please speak to your teacher on arrival and we can seat you somewhere with more space or a desk screen. Please don't be worried about asking, we totally understand and you can even email us here beforehand to request this if you prefer.
Currently we book a from 5 to 8 students per class, with many classes having just 5 students maximum. Please do not hesitate to contact us here if you would like more info about any aspect of a class or workshop you are wanting to book/booked onto
- Face coverings: Face coverings should be brought with you as some of our teachers are in the higher risk health group and may ask you to wear one (unless you are exempt). If you are concerned for your own health and would prefer a face covering to be worn by your teacher when they are close to you please let them know at the start of the class (teachers will bring one with them and we have new spares in class)
- Movement: To reduce the amount of movement around the class, students should ask the teacher to bring them items needed where possible
- Sanitising hands: Hand sanitiser will remain available on all tables and at the door on entry - please continue to use it
- Sanitising sewing tools / sewing machines / sewing tables / touch points: Students are welcome to to bring their own scissors, pins, tape measure, chalk, unpicker, grader ruler etc if they have them and would feel more comfortable using their own equipment. We also have equipment that can be used. This will not be sanitised after each class, but we have sanitising wipes and antibacterial gel alcohol pumps or sprays on each table which can be used by you to sanitise your sewing tools / sewing machine as you use them.
- Booking form checkboxes: All students booking to attend classes will be asked to confirm the following points during the online booking process:
1. I will not attend class if I have:
- had fever, cough, loss of taste/smell or other known covid type symptoms in the past 14 days (see NHS list of Covid symptoms here)
- returned from abroad in last 14 days
- been in contact with/live with anyone with Covid-19 or with similar symptoms
- I understand that if I cannot attend for any reason, Covid or otherwise, I can't reschedule/refund unless someone books my space, but I can attend FREE to future similar workshops or Stitch Classes when there's space on day - contact us if you can't attend your booked class
2. I have read & I accept your measures laid out on www.sewinbrighton.co.uk/covidmeasures.html about social distancing, face coverings etc
Please contact us if you have any questions about this or anything else related to our sewing classes or classroom