Drum Lampshade Making
Level: Beginner and above - this is for anyone, no experience of crafts or sewing necessary as sewing is not involved, just careful manipulation of fabric, which your tutor will help you with.
Classes Needed: 1x Stitch class or 1x 2.5hr 121 lesson
Which Classes to Attend
Either of these:
- A 2.5hr 1-2-1 lesson with Jo Bunner or Kate Wand anytime
- A Tuesday morning Stitch Class from Jan '22 onwards with Jo Bunner
What to bring:
You'll need to tell us in advance whether you want to make a 20cm, 30cm diameter shade so that we can see we have it in stock for your lesson. If we don't we'll give you a link to order one.
Other sizes and shapes may be available - please contact us to find out more. Please give us two weeks notice.
- Fabric** - could be old curtain fabric or new fabric in the following size:
- Fabric for 30cm diameter shade: 1m wide x 30 cm high cm
- Fabric for 20cm diameter lampshade: 65cm wide x 25 cm high
- Money to pay for your shade kit: It's £11.50 for a 20cm drum shade and £14.50 for a 30cm shade, payable on the day to the tutor in cash.
- Bring glasses if you wear them for close up work
Book Stitch Classes here (Tuesday morning from January '22) with Jo Bunner - email us to say you're making lampshade in your class
Book One to One lessons here with Jo or Kate - 2.5hr lesson needed - can book for 2 people for only 1.5x the price of one person!