Learn how to measure your body, adjust a pattern to fit, cut out & sew seams accurately, sew darts, put in a zip, sew a hem, & use interfacing - all this AND take home a perfectly fitting knee/mini length pencil skirt!
Experience: Suitable for those who know how to thread up and sew seams with a sewing machine and have made at least one item before (though not neccessarily clothing). For adults and children aged 16+.
What to bring to make the pencil skirt -
· 160cm non stretch fabric suitable for a skirt e.g. printed cotton, medium weight denim, linen, cotton drill/twill. Width must be at least 44”.
· Wash and iron your fabric before class
· 25cm of light to medium weight interfacing
· A 10" closed end plastic zip (match zip colour to fabric) – can be shortened if needed
· 1 reel of good quality polyester sewing thread e.g. Coats, Moon, Guterman (match thread colour to fabric)
· A pot of good quality plastic or glass headed dressmaking pins
· Wear leggings (not too tight as changes body shape) or non bulky skirt or trousers (no jeans or clothes with pockets) so it's easy to take your measurements accurately
· Glasses if you need them for close up work
· 75p for the paper for your take-home pattern you’ll make50p for the bobbin if you want to keep it with your leftover thread on at the end
We provide: the skirt pattern and paper to trace off your copy, a sewing machine (or bring your own if you prefer), scissors, pins, chalk, tape measure etc if you don’t have your own
Where to buy fabric: Suggestions of where to buy your fabric locally will be given on your booking confirmation, or to see our list of local fabric shops now click here
Email us Here with any pre-class questions
Book Stitch Classes
View our full range of improver level sewing classes, courses and workshops!