Stitch classes - make whatever you want! Choose your own days, dates and sewing projects
"Kat (teacher) was friendly, knowledgeable and PATIENT...and the method for making the corners sharp on the cushion cover was genius!" Charlie Doveston, Internal Recruiter, Brighton
In our weekly Stitch Classes in Hove you'll get just the right level of help if you...
- have never sewn at all or need a refresher
- need help with certain techniques & skills e.g. fitting patterns, finishing
- want to make, mend or alter clothing
- want to make gifts or soft furnishings
The classes are flexible so you can...
- save money by block purchasing class credits in advance
- choose from 5 classes or more a week - do a mix of morning, evening & weekends
- get lots done - classes are 2.5h long
- start with any skill level (inc. absolute beginner) and advance to much more experienced stitcher - all in the same classes
- make whatever you like - sewing project suggestions for all levels of skill, are here, or tell us what you want to do & we'll suggest what to bring
- cover the content of most of our other courses and workshops, including the Learn to Use a Sewing Machine course
- Read more about what you can make in class below
What to make/do/sew in your classes:
You can make, mend or sew pretty much anything in Stitch Classes, including the content of most of our other courses and workshops. We have a whole section of the website full of ideas - most of which have patterns available to use free in class:
These subjects below can't be covered in all Stitch Classes:
- Tailored Jacket and Tailored Coat making should be done in weekend Stitch Classes or 1-2-1 lessons with our tailoring teacher Jo - find out more here
- Learn Roman Blinds, Patchwork and Quilting and Free machine Embroidery only in Thursday morning Stitch Classes or 1-2-1s with Laura
- Fashion Design & Pattern Cutting (making own patterns from body measures) is only available in 1-2-1 lessons but you can make clothes from ready made patterns or your own pre-made block in any Stitch Classes & we'll help you tailor them to fit you like a glove
- Knitting & Crochet are only taught in our 1-2-1 lessons
- In depth Overlocker skills (i.e. threading, tension, rolled hems, flatlocking) are only taught on our Overlocker courses or in 1-2-1 lessons.
Basic overlocker use to finish edges and make jersey garments can be covered in any Stitch Classes
"The teacher was really easy to understand and I'm so pleased to have learnt to use my sewing machine."
Sarah Alegret, Homemaker, Brighton
"I liked the clear and simple instructions for doing sleeve alterations and making and attaching facings - plus the air con was great making the room lovely and cool on a very hot day!"
Rebecca Muggleton, behaviour and Attendance Officer, Brighton
"Really lovely little place - bright and welcoming. It was great to improve my very basic sewing skills in a fun and easy way."
Gem Easton, Designer, Hove
"Nice equipment, bright space, easy to get to and park. Really pleased to have learnt how to use a pattern."
Lyndsey Welch, Insurance Broker, Shoreham
"The venue was easy to find, the teacher so very helpful and patient and I love that as a complete beginner I finished a project (cushion) in one class."
Nicola Fordham, Underwriter, Horsham (Stitch Weekend class)
"Learning how to make a pattern was great... Nice small group and I like the convenient times and the flexibility to book odd days."
Janice Britz, Project manager, Brighton
Fill in the form below for more sewing project advice from us: