To read our Booking Terms CLICK HERE
Paid for/booked a class course or workshop and not received an email booking confirmation? You may not be booked in. Contact us as soon as possible.
- We don't offer refunds or reschedules so please check your diary carefully before you sign up. If you can't attend your class (due to work, illness, family etc) you have unfortunately lost the class, but we offer these options as a concession:
- Tell us in advance & we may be able to fill your place if:
- you let us know in advance that you cannot attend your booked dates, we can make your space available to others to book.
- the class/course fills to capacity without you we can return the credit to your Sew In Brighton account.
- You will need to contact us by email after the class/course has run to ask if you are eligible for a credit, as this is not something we are able to automate. If the class did not fill to capacity we will offer you a Free Catch Up (read on for info)
- Free Catch Up:
- If you have missed a class email us to say you want to take a free catch up class, telling us which one you missed
- We will send you a link for you to track availability on upcoming Stitch classes (we run 5 classes a week). You can then pop in to join any Stitch Class (or Knit class) free of charge on the day if there is space an hour before it starts, simply texting us to let us know you're coming
- Not all course content is taught in Stitch Classes but it's a way of not losing paid-for hours. Take a look at our Stitch Class projects on this page to see what you could make/sew/learn in your catch up Stitch Class
- Catch up offer is at our discretion and can only be used for attendance in our undersubscribed classes and not for credit or payment. We cannot guarantee that Knit or Stitch Classes will be available when you are or will indeed always be available in our class calendar.
- Send a friend: Another option if you can't attend is to send someone in your place (who has the right level of sewing experience covered by the course/workshop); please email us your replacement’s name, phone number and email address in advance of the class.
Discount codes and Sale prices cannot be used in conjunction with any other Sale, Birthday code, 10% off slip, Special offer or Early Bird discount - you'll need to go with one or the other, which ever is cheapest for you (the booking system only has one promo code box, so just choose the promo code you prefer to use)
- If you are unable to attend on the day please call or text Kat on 07958964810 so she can inform your teacher
- Payment is in advance: once booking has been agreed it will be held for 24 hours to give you time to complete payment
- Cancellation charges: If you inform us that you cannot attend 7 days or more before your booked class date we will exchange the date for another one with no extra charge. If you inform us within 6 days and 24 hours before your booked class that you cannot attend we will give you a credit note for 50% of the value of your booking that you can use to book another class. If you inform us less than 24 hours before your booked class that you cannot attend, we unfortunately cannot exchange or credit and more classes will need to be rebooked and paid for in full
- If you are using commercial sewing patterns in your lesson: it is your responsibility to buy the correct sized sewing pattern - we have full info on how to do this here in the Improver section of class instructions. Please contact us if you need more help
- Bring the items you need: It is also your responsibility to check with your teacher before the end of each class that you know what you need to bring for your next class. Email us if not sure if you forgot to speak to the teacher. This is so that you can get the most out of each class by having all the things you need to get on with your project and make the best use of your time in the classroom
- We can only estimate what you will achieve in your booked class(es): it is just a guide and will be fully dependent on the complexity of the project, your previous sewing experience and learning style plus any fitting or fabric issues
- We cannot guarantee you will have the same teacher for all of your booked classes, although we will do our best. I t will be dependent on your, the classroom and the teacher's mutual availability
- Other 1-2-1 classes and activities may be in progress in the same classroom at the same time as your 1-2-1, although you will have a dedicated teacher for just you and your project. Please let us know if you need a private space with no other people around
- Please let us know at time of enquiry anything that may affect your lesson e.g. learning difficulties or physical disabilities
- A non refundable deposit will be required to reserve your workshop date, tutor and material.
- The minimum cost of a workshop will be 7 people, even if less than that come along.
- The balance for the rest of the payment will be due one month in advance of your workshop date (can be negotiable if you are booking last minute)
- Please do not drink alcohol before your workshop - you can hit the bars straight afterwards! If Prosecco is ordered for your workshop it will be drunk towards the end.
- REFUNDS: The booking is for the date on your email booking confirmation only & payment is now non-refundable.
- TO SWAP A DATE: If you let us know 14 days or more before the booked class date we can exchange your date for another on the schedule that has spaces. Or we can give you the amount you paid for your deal voucher as credit towards another sewing class suitable for your experience level at Sew In Brighton to be booked before the expiry as your deal voucher. If we are given less than 14 days notice that you can’t make the booked class date, we will add an extra space to that date to see if someone books it, but you may lose your booking as we will only swap your date or give you a credit if someone takes your place. However you could send a friend in your place instead if you can’t come and we cannot swap it for you – just let us know their details. You can email us to ask about this.
- WE NEED 7 TO RUN: This workshop will need to have at least 7 students booked on to run. We will do our best to fill each class. If the class you have booked and paid for has less than 7 booked on we will contact you 24 hours or more or more before the event to offer you alternative future dates for your booking. If you cannot make any of our published dates we will arrange for you to join one of our Sunday afternoon or weekday morning Stitch Classes to do the content of this workshop.
- AGE RESTRICTION: Ages 16 and over only may attend this workshop
- Your privacy is of utmost importance to us. The details you supply are for our use only and will never be shared with third parties.
- We collect students email and mobile numbers in order that we can let them know in advance about cancelled classes and courses.
- We also use your email address to keep you informed about new courses, special offers and to send you our bi-monthly newsletter, which has sewing tips and competitions. You can easily unsubscribe from this service at any time, after which you will receive no further contact from us.
- We also collect other data such as ‘how you heard about us’ and ‘what classes are you interested in’. We use this information to develop our classes and improve our marketing, so that we can deliver the most appropriate services and marketing to our clients.
- If you have any concerns regards your privacy please contact us at [email protected]inbrighton.co.uk