IMPORTANT: You may not be booked in if you have paid but have not yet received 2 emails: a booking confirmation AND a payment receipt. If this is the case please contact us as soon as possible to check your booking to avoid disappointment.
n.b. each student must be booked in on their own Sew In Brighton account in order to have a valid booking on a course, workshop or class - please see booking notes on every course and class page for details
Terms & Policy Menu:
- Class, course & workshop terms
- Discount & savings code terms
- Private & one-to-one lesson terms
- Hen, birthday and group party terms
- Groupon & other deal voucher terms
- Mailing List, Privacy & Data Protection & other ways we may contact you
Sew In Brighton Booking Terms for classes, courses & workshops
By paying for your booking you are agreeing to the following booking terms:
(info below may take a moment to appear)
Discount codes & Sale prices cannot be used in conjunction with any other Sale, Birthday code, 10% off slip, Special offer or Early Bird discount - you'll need to go with one or the other, which ever is cheapest for you (the booking system only has one promo code box, so just choose the promo code you prefer to use). If the booking widget doesn't accept your code, go back to the main course page and click the link in the booking instructions at the bottom of the page - this will allow you to book on the main booking site which will take your code
- If you are unable to attend on the day please call or text Kat on 07958964810 so she can inform your teacher
- Payment is in advance: once booking date has been agreed it will be held for 24 hours to give you time to complete payment
- Cancellation charges: If you inform us that you cannot attend:
- 7 days or more before your booked class date we will exchange the date for another one with no extra charge.
- within one to six days before your booked class that you cannot attend we will give you a credit note for 50% of the value of your booking that you can use to book another class.
- less than 24 hours before your booked class that you cannot attend, we unfortunately cannot exchange or credit and more classes will need to be rebooked and paid for in full
- If you are using commercial sewing patterns in your lesson: you will need to buy the correct sized sewing pattern if bringing your own - we have full info on how to do this here in the Improver section of class instructions. We also have some patterns for sale in class. Please contact us if you need more help
- Bring the items you need: You need to check with your teacher before the end of each class that you know what you need to bring for your next class. Email us if not sure or if you forgot to speak to the teacher. This is so that you can get the most out of each class by having all the things you need to get on with your project and make the best use of your time in the classroom
- We can only estimate what you will achieve in your booked class(es): it is just a guide and will be fully dependent on the complexity of the project, your previous sewing experience and learning style plus any fitting or fabric issues
- We cannot guarantee you will have the same teacher for all of your booked classes, although we will do our best. It will be dependent on your and the teacher's mutual availability, as well as the availability of the classroom
- Other 1-2-1 classes and activities may be in progress in the same classroom at the same time as your 1-2-1, although you will have a dedicated teacher for just you and your project. Please let us know at time of your booking enquiry if you need a private space with no other people around
- Please let us know at time of enquiry anything that may affect your lesson e.g. learning difficulties or physical disabilities
- A non refundable deposit will be required to reserve your workshop date, tutor and material.
- The minimum cost of a workshop will be 7 people, even if less than that come along.
- The balance for the rest of the payment will be due one month in advance of your workshop date (can be negotiable if you are booking last minute)
- Please do not drink alcohol before your workshop - you can hit the bars straight afterwards! If Prosecco is ordered for your workshop it will be drunk towards the end.
- If you arrive late you may not have time to complete the items you are making as we cannot extend the finish time - the teacher and room are only booked and paid for until the planned finish time
- REFUNDS: The booking is for the date on your email booking confirmation only & payment is now non-refundable.
- TO SWAP A DATE:
- If you let us know 14 days or more before the booked class date we can exchange your date for another on the schedule that has spaces.
- Or we can give you the amount you paid for your deal voucher as credit towards another sewing class suitable for your experience level at Sew In Brighton to be booked before the expiry as your deal voucher.
- If we are given less than 14 days notice that you can’t make the booked class date, we will add an extra space to that date to see if someone books it, but you may lose your booking as we will only swap your date or give you a credit if someone takes your place.
- However you could send a friend in your place instead if you can’t come and we cannot swap it for you – just let us know their details. You can email us to ask about this.
- We can also offer a complimentary 'catch up' on the day when there are spaces in Stitch Classes - see terms above
- WE NEED 7 TO RUN: This workshop will need to have at least 7 students booked on to run. We will do our best to fill each class. If the class you have booked and paid for has less than 7 booked on we will contact you 24 hours or more or more before the event to offer you alternative future dates for your booking. If you cannot make any of our published dates we will arrange for you to join one of our Stitch Classes to do the content of this workshop, which works very well too, as these have 5 students at mixed ability, and you'll have plenty of help from the teacher to get your item made, as you would on a workshop
- AGE RESTRICTION: Ages 16 and over only may attend this workshop
- Your privacy is of utmost importance to us. The details you supply are for our use only and will never be shared with third parties.
- We collect student's email addresses and mobile numbers in order that we can let them know in advance about cancellations or changes to classes and courses.
- We also use your email address to keep you informed about new courses, special offers and to send you our bi-monthly newsletter, which has sewing tips and competitions. You can easily unsubscribe from this service at any time, after which you will receive no further contact from us*
- We also collect other data such as ‘how you heard about us’ and ‘what classes are you interested in’. We use this information to develop our classes and improve our marketing, so that we can deliver the most appropriate services and marketing to our clients.
- If you have any concerns regards your privacy please contact us at [email protected]
Mailing List Privacy & Data Protection info & about ways we may contact you:
If you are receiving emails from us in which we tell you about our courses, offer discounts, share sewing tips and other sewing related news (other than about your bookings), these are our terms - please do unsubscribe in the footer of the next email or contact us if you do not agree or want to receive emails of this nature, many thanks.
By signing up or staying on our email mailing list you are agreeing to:
1: Sew In Brighton emailing you with updates/news/tips.
2: We may contact past/current students by phone/email for feedback about their projects/classes.
Unsubscribe on email footers any time or contact: [email protected] to request to be taken off the list.
As a student of Sew In Brighton we may contact you by phone/email for feedback about your projects/classes. You can reuquest us not to do this in person, by email or by phone - contact us here
*Birthday emails offering you a voucher code as a gift are generated from our booking system and you receive them because you gave us your day of birth at the time of signing up - they are not related to subscriptions to our Mail Chimp mailing list. To stop receieving birthday gift codes you can email us on [email protected] to request this OR log into your account on our Mindbody booking system and remove your birthday from your account details