Learn to use a sewing machine, cut out and stitch like a pro and make a pair of pyjamas to take away! Make a pair for yourself or choose from kids and mens pyjama patterns.
This is a fun project, ideal for absolute beginners to sewing, where you can master a range of techniques.
Level: Improver/ Beginner Clothes Maker
Classes Needed: 2-3 Stitch Classes or 4-5 hours of 1-2-1 Lessons. This project can also be completed on our Ultimate Absolute Beginners Sewing Day workshop
Sewing Machines: We will be providing Janome 525S sewing machines and feet to go with them. We will give you information about where to buy feet for your machine at home
- Learn to set up, thread up and sew seams and edges with a sewing machine (our or yours)
- Learn how to choose the right pattern size for your body measurements
- Laying/cutting out of pattern and fabrics
- Top stitching, hemming and inserting elastic
- Sew up a lovely pair of PJ's to take away
- Take home your pattern and download the sewing instructions to make more at home
What to bring:
Below is a guide to how much fabric you will need to bring.
Please email us your hip circumference (widest measurement horizontally around your bottom or tops of thighs, whichever is larger) and your inside leg length after you book and we will email you back with the exact length of fabric to buy
- Fabric for childrens pants
- 2.3m (230cm) of 115cm wide soft breathable fabric (cotton, fleece) OR
- 1.4m (140cm) of 160cm wide soft fabric (cotton, fleece)
- Fabric for Adult pants
- 2.6m (250cm) of 115-160cm wide soft fabric (cotton, fleece)
- this is for inside leg up to 75cm - if you are longer in the leg than this, add an extra 15cm fabric for each 5cm extra length you have in the leg over 75cm!
- Note: All fabric needs washing and ironing before class, unless it is 100% polyester or PU/PVC/Olicloth - or the finished item will never be washed. Check fabric content and any washing/ironing instructions when purchasing fabric
- 1m length of half to one inch wide ribbon that matches or contrasts with your fabric. Velvet or satin is nice.
- Elastic 1m length, between 2-3cm wide (black if using dark fabric, white if using light fabric)
- Good quality sewing thread (eg Coats, Moon, Gutermann) x 1 reel matching your fabric
- Bring some PJs you have that fit you (or that you want to be different is also ok as we can use as a guide to make the pair you create bigger or smaller).
- Your glasses, if you need them for close up work.
We provide: Sewing Machine (or bring your own), scissors, pins, pattern paper, chalk, tape measure etc
Book Stitch Classes
Book 1-2-1 Classes