Dress In A Weekend
A perfect sewing project for someone with only a little experience of clothes making so far!
A perfect sewing project for someone with only a little experience of clothes making so far. You’ll make ‘The Sheath Dress’ by The Avid Seamstress, a gorgeous simple dress pattern (take your pattern home with you) that you will want to make again and again in lots of fabrics. The class will be taught by Lisa Falconer - creator of the Avid Seamstress range
The Sheath Dress has a flattering round neckline, optional elasticated waist, optional side pockets and invisible zip at the back. The entire front of this dress is cut as one piece which includes the sleeves. The back is two pieces making the construction of the dress so easy! The neckline is finished with a facing.
Lisa will take you through the construction of this dress and show you a few methods of applying the elastic casing to fit your desired fit. Together with your new preparation skills and using Lisa’s sewing techniques your dress will be a work of art.
Your fabric choice will have an impact on the style of this dress, a light fabric will make it a beautiful Spring, Summer dress and a thicker fabric will make this the perfect work or evening dress.
A lovely weekend sewing in a fun, relaxed atmosphere with new sewing friends!
Session: 2 day Course
Teacher: Lisa Falconer, creator of of The Avid Seamstress range of patterns
Experience: For women, aged 16+. Intermediate: You've made at least 2 simple items of clothing with a machine
What to bring:
We provide (or bring your own): Sewing machine, scissors, pattern paper, chalk, tape measure etc if you don’t have your own
Where to buy fabric: Suggestions of where to buy your fabric locally will be given on your booking confirmation, or to see our list of local fabric shops now click here
Important - please read before booking:
- Each person attending needs an individual log in/password/own contact details to book - you cannot book 2 people on at once through one profile/payment as they will not appear on the system.
- Your payment and booking confirmations will be sent to you immediately in 2 separate emails - please check they are correct. If you don't receive them, please contact us here.
- If the Book Now button does not show next to a class or course it is full.
- If you wish to use a Gift Card, Account Credit or Loyalty Points when booking please follow THIS LINK to book directly via our booking system.
- Questions or problems? Email us here.