Level 1: Beginner's & Refresher - Browse Sewing Classes & Courseslivepages::jquery();?>
Every class & workshop type below is suitable for Absolute Beginners i.e. brand new to sewing!
So choose your class/course/lesson from this page if:
- you're completely new to sewing - you've never used a sewing machine, or even picked up a needle, fabric or pins
- you have forgotten how sew or feel nervous about machine sewing
- you want a refresher of the basics of using a sewing machine
Types of class or course:
- In our flexible Stitch Classes you'll be in a small mixed level sewing & dressmaking class (max 5 students so lots of help & support) where totally newbie sewers join us every day! Try a single class or pre-book blocks of 'class passes' to save money then choose class days & times to suit you. Progress on to more advanced projects in these same classes.
- All courses below are set days & times & everyone will be a beginner like you : ).
- In 1-2-1 lessons you'll have our undivided attention on any project
What to sew in classes & lessons:
We have a 'Learn to Use a Sewing Machine Programme' of easy intro projects - cushions, bags, purses, pyjamas - which you can follow in regular Stitch Classes or One-to-one lessons - find out more here. Beginner courses below will also follow a similar programme of makes
Once you've completed one or two beginner classes or a course you will be considered an Improver, so could then come to any of our Improver level courses/classes or All levels classes or continue in Stitch Classes on Improver level sewing projects and upwards